Friday, August 1, 2008

Cross Stitch and the weekend

So I finished part 3 of How does your garden grow earlier this week but I haven't had a chance to upload the photo, hopefully before the weekend is over I will have done this and maybe even part 4. I haven't touched the picture all week, I have been too tired on the train to do anything but read my book and sleep LOL I hate sleeping on the train but I've been just exhausted.

Anyway, I will be super busy this long weekend (BC day) since I'm helping my mom paint the living room, I originally thought I would paint the room for her during my holiday but I changed my mind once I realized it was a long weekend and could do it now. It currently is this mild pinkie color that you don't really notice and it does nothing for the room. We are going to paint it a Benjamin Moore color called Arizona Sunset it's kind of a latte, taupe brown with a yellow/orange undertone (at least it looks like it to me) I think it will do wonders for the room.

As well I'm going to try and figure out what the pink color actually is because I put a scrap in my stairwell wall and have put putty in the scrap but it's obvious that I have put putty there. I'm hoping to paint over it and restore it to the original color......the last thing I want to do is paint the whole stairwell which has a vaulted ceiling because painting there will be a pain in the ass. I just want to paint over the putty but if we have to paint the hallway Mom suggests we redo it with the Arizona Sunset, which could be problematic since my room is a third floor loft and there is a lot of wall space between the 1st floor and the 3rd floor and when exactly do you decide what wall gets paints and what wall doesn't? So when we pick up the last minute paint supplies I'm going to bring home some paint cards and hopefully find the color.

Wish us luck LOL. It I remember I will post the before and after pics too.

No comments: