Friday, May 29, 2009

MLOTS and Il Divo

Well I have been stitching up a storm this week. I have about 25 rows left to stitch on the cape and then all the regular stitching of MLOTS will be completed and then on to the beading. I so want to finish this that I've been taking it on the train for the past three days to try and speed it along, but for some reason just because I want to finish it this week the work has been very slow. Once I finish I want to do a full day of work on my train picture at home to catch up on it since I've pushed her aside for MLOTS and perhaps I can actually post my WIP picture her since I just realized I haven't posted any pictures of her yet.

I probably won't get any stitch done on Saturday since I'm taking my mom to the Il Divo concert as a mother's day gift. In case you don't know who they are they are a Italian opera/tenor quartet and my mom loves them, I'm not sure whether I actually like their music or not I guess I will find out as I sit and listen to them for 2 hours LOL


edited to add: I just found out something about Il Divo, thanks to Elle for her comment, apparently the gentlemen aren't Italian they are American, Swiss, French and Spanish, hmmmm you learn something new everyday, I had no idea.

2 comments:

Elle said...

Hi there, I got to this page via a google alert for Il Divo.

You will absolutely love the concert, it is amazing, I've seen the concert you will see on Saturday 10 times! I can't get enough of them..lol.

But could I please point out that the only thing Italian about them is the name 'Il Divo' meaning 'divine male performer'. None of the guys are Italian, Carlos is Spanish, Urs is Swiss, David is American and Sebastien is French :-).

Enjoy the concert :)

Anonymous said...

Oh good, another fan of cross stitch who will soon be a fan of IL DIVO. I've been stitching since 1985 and it's my favorite hobby. Also went to see both their Chicago concerts last week, my first Il Divo shows ever. Their voices, harmonies and good looks are wonderful. Enjoy the show!

Mary Ellen from Chicago Area