Saturday, June 27, 2009

June Progress

Well I’ve been pretty quiet of late with my stitching so you are probably wondering (or not) what I have been doing………

Woodland Goddess by Joan Elliott

I was working on this on the train but unfortunately the pattern is in color & symbols or just color and since I have a black and white working copy I was carrying around the book as well which was making stitching quite cumbersome checking the color every time I wanted to stitch to make sure it was the correct color so I didn’t get as much done of this as I wanted and I have yet again relegated a pattern so be a home picture instead of a train one. I really would like to stitch a medium size picture on the train but I have yet to find one what will work.

Egyptian Garden by Chatelaine
As it was my birthday week I decided to work on this pattern. I’m not really familiar with stitching 2 over 2 so I was definitely taking my time. I used to wonder why it took some ladies so long to make a dent in some of their WIP and now I know why. I would call myself I fairly fast stitcher and can plug away on a picture quite quickly, but my goodness the speed on which I stitch on 32 count is quite painful and I can’t believe on how little I got done. I have posted a before and after picture so you can see what I mean. This is after a week and a half of stitching, as well I decided to stitch the pond 1 over 1 so I had to frog some stitching out, but still I figured I would be farther along then I am, but it definitely puts this pattern into prospective and why a time line of 6 month to 1 year is the usual time needed to finish these pictures.

I have now switched back to Cirque of Cercles for home and Peacock Lady for train. I will try and post a WIP picture of these two some time next week. I think I might go outside and stitch this weekend, I’m not a really big fan of that because I’m worried about getting the fabric dirty with flying dirty and grass stains etc but what the heck…..live dangerously Nicole.

1 comment:

Daffycat said...

Your Chatelaine looks awesome! I have Misty Morning Vineyard planned for "some day" but I'm sure it would take me years to do!

Ah, I'd love to stitch outside but it's way too hot this year!