Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Very productive weekend

Well I had a very productive weekend more productive then most weekend but then on Sunday I crashed and burned and spent Sunday & Monday fixing my mistake.

So I worked diligently on CCN garden party – dragonfly on Friday since I couldn’t work on it on Thurs and now I’m about 15 stitches away from finishing the border which I hope to finish next Sunday (I only work on it on Sundays now) and then the mini border inside the big border should take me no time at all.

Then I worked on CdC I wanted to finish page 5 so I popped in my Anne of Green Gables videos and in 2 hours page 5 was finished and now I’m working on page 2. There are two rather large motifs that carry over to both pages that I’m now working on now, after the two motifs there isn’t much left on page 2 so I think I can see myself finishing page 2 by the middle of next week

Then I took a break from stitching late Saturday and went through my other weekend tasks and finished a couple. So banking, paying bills, pet food shopping, changing bedding, laundry, shredding large mound of paper, doing dishes, collecting recycling around house, organizing various messy piles around house that I have left for the weekend, computer tasks, etc. were completed and it felt good.

Then I decided to work on Woodland Enchantress, it is a Dimension kit that I got from my parents for my birthday a few years back. I find it hard to work on this picture because the threads are so cumbersome they are really long strands and some are used in blends, ½ stitches or full throughout the pattern so it’s hard to get into a groove. I thought this picture would be the ideal one to put a grid on so a few weeks ago I did just that and it only took about 2 hours……….so on Sunday I started stitching on this project and it didn’t take long before everything went horribly wrong.. I decided to work on an empty section of the pattern meaning a place where there were no connecting stitching I wanted to have a fresh start on this picture.….BIG mistake. I was really nervous about stitching in open space because I couldn’t really tell if things were lined up properly even with a grid. I wasn’t comfortable doing this so after about an hour I decided I couldn’t take it anymore and switched back to the side I had worked on before, I had only put in one maybe two lines of stitching when I realized that my grid didn’t match the pattern lines from the paper pattern, there should have been 2 rows then the block of 10 stitches which make up our usual grid lines (if you know what I mean), I had forgotten to put in the 2 rows. So the hour worth of work I just completed was for nothing along with the time I spent gridding which now had to be removed. So instead of stitching I spent the rest of Sunday ripping out the threads ……big lesson learned that’s for sure. I really have got to stop rushing into my projects simply because I’m excited to work on them because that’s when errors occur.

I now have everything organized again and even spent some time yesterday reorganizing the threads so they are now more workable. I’m hoping to work on Enchantress as my train picture for the next month or two or even till the end of the year.


Thanks for listening.

No comments: