Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Everything is Back to Normal

Pookie.......ah my precious little dog is perfectly fine now and we didn't have to put her down. Thank God.

She started feeling better as soon as we made the vet appointment and started eating everything in sight. She still was kind of lethargic and swaying when she walked because of no food but that eventually went away. The vet wasn't overly concerned once she got a look at Pookie and got an understanding of what had happened, I did feel a bit like an idiot for panicking so quickly but I'd rather be a pessimist and be proven wrong then an optimist and be devastated.

The vet did give us quite a few ideas to get pookie to eat if she's having a bad day and hopefully they work because pookie did lose some weight and so now we are going to try and get the weight back on her.


The vet did stress at the end of the appointment that pookie is on borrowed time and she herself is surprised pookie has lasted this long so even though pookie is well her death will happen soon whether I like it or not, I just hope that when the time comes it is on pookie's terms (in her sleep) and not while really sick and in pain.


I would like to thank everyone for their kind thoughts about this situation it was greatly appreciated.

On a different note I have been doing great on my vacation projects. I finished both GP Bumble bee and CdC, I'm still working on other projects to finished by the end of the week so I will wait to post picture till then.

1 comment:

Rachel S said...

So glad she is feeling better. That is great news!