Monday, November 9, 2009

Trying something new.

I have turned my mother to the dark side HAHA. My mother has been cross stitching for 30 – 35 years and has always made the designs she does with the one and only purpose of framing and hanging said designs on our walls and has never thought of any other ideas for her designs where I on the other hand am up to trying different types of finished in theory since I haven’t done any finished yet, but I’ve purchased all the supplies to do some pin keeps and flat folds in the future.

My mom has decided that she really would like to make monogram little satchels for some family members possibly for Christmas, she has stitched up all the letters and has gotten some really nice background fabric now all she needs to do is a practice run in making the satchels before working on the real things. I suggested she do a practice run since she has a vision in her head but no real instructions to follow and I know she would be really pissed off if she screwed one of them up after all the hard work she has put in. So hopefully everything turns out okay.

So a question to my fellow bloggers when you started making pin keeps, flat folds, satchels etc. did you have instructions to follow or did you just wing it? I know there are a lot of online instructions now but how long have they been available maybe 2 – 4 years, what did everyone do before then?

No comments: