Saturday, December 5, 2009

Finally My Update

I can’t believe how busy I have been, it’s almost like unconsciously as soon as it hit December 1st tasks that have to get accomplished starting springing out of the woodwork.

So I had some vacation the week of November 23 and my goal was to finish 4 if not 5 patterns that were close to being finished. I am happy to report I finished 4 of the patterns, I was also able to do quite a few Christmas tasks, house cleaning and baking tasks I had on my list. So my vacation was very productive.

So which patterns did I finish you may ask.



#1. I finished Garden Party – Bumble Bee. Now all that is left is Butterfly and for some reason it’s going a little slow right now but I’m hoping I can pick up the speed and finish her before the weekend is out.



#2 Cirque des Cercles – YAH. I am so happy about this finish, I really did begin to like this pattern again once I hit the half way point and figured out a style of stitching that worked for me, so I am a little sad that I’m finished but since I have the other 2 cirques I think I’ll be fine LOL




#3 Grace Tree Ornament – this is by M design and I stitched it using Carrie Creations peppermint thread and I decided not to add the beads since the threads coloring made the picture busy enough. I am a great fan of Carrie threads and I have quite a few but for some reason this thread was a bit of a disappointment. The thread is suppose to be green, slight fading of green into white, white, pink going into red. As you may or may not notice there isn’t much white at all. For some reason when I started stitching the pink bleeding section seemed to get bigger as I stitched almost like every time I went through the holes of my aida the red got pushed farther down the thread. I even started to cut up the skeins I was working on so the white and red had little contact but it still seemed to go pink…..oh well. I still love the finished design I just wished there was more white.



#4 Nutcracker Mill Hill – this is actually my first Mill Hill ornament, I have stitched a brookes book designs before so it wasn’t a complete surprise to me on how to stitch this one . I have purchased a couple of the nutcracker themed ornaments and so this is the first of many to come. I haven’t actually cut up the pieces and stitched them together yet but I’m hoping to do this next week. I am actually quite fearful when I have to ‘cut’ anything associated with my patterns for fear that I’ll cut the fabric or some important stitches and ruin the design so because I feel this way I am waiting till I’m feel more confident before I complete it. I have a cut out the sword already but that was pretty easy. I also made a change to the design, instead of stitching down the silver star on the hat of said Nutcracker I used my hot glue gun. I found the kreinik cable that was in this pattern was too bulky and the star is so tiny that once I stitched it up the cable overshadowed the star, making it look messy and unable to see, in the alternative I think the glue did a fine job instead..

I have also started a Christmas design for the train as you can see on my right sidebar a photo of my current design which is Deck the Halls by Just Nan, I have stitched a Just Nan before but with that one I kept it on 18 count aida and altered some of the specialty stitches to fit, this time I followed the instructions and choose a count that was recommended (pattern calls for 28 or 32), I choose 28 count. I have never actually worked on 28 count before I’ve used 25 and 32 but not 28. So far it’s not too bad.

Well enough said, thanks for listening.

1 comment:

Blu said...

Your finishes all look awesome. CdC looks amazing. I love the colours!
Have fun stitching Deck the Halls.