Monday, January 11, 2010

Simply boring

I am plugging away on Summer Fairy Spirit when I get a chance to work on her but I'm just not impressed with what I have accomplished so far, I wonder if I was in a better frame of mind whether what I have done would impress me. As it is I'm just not feeling it and I'm stopping myself from starting another picture because I know the problem is me not the picture. I am also feeling under the weather and can't seem to get a good night sleep so that isn't helping the situation either. I wouldn't say I'm in a slump but given an opportunity to do something else besides cross stitch I usually pick the latter.

I have decided to make a reading list this year too, I am an avid read and my current favorite books are historical romances but in the last year or so I have maybe read one book every 3 months which is pretty sad since I have still been buying my favorite books just not reading them. So to go along with my book shelf on my blog which I put up last year my self imposed goal this year is to read at least 2 books per month from my ever growing "to read" pile. If I read at least 1/2 of that goal I'll be very happy.

So what have I been doing in 2010??? I have been mostly watching the DVD's I got for Christmas and cleaning house, for whatever reason the slightest bit of clutter around me has been driving me batty so I had to deal with it or go insane. We also found the perfect container to house Pookie's blankets, clothes, dishes, harnesses, leashes and toys, it turned out to be much larger then we though. It was funny to see all the blankets we had collected over the years for her and how often she was found curled up in one of them, 90% of the pictures of her are in a blanket, it was all about the blankets for her LOL. I'm not exactly sure what we intend to do with the stuff but for now it's under my bed.

We are still on the fence about getting another dog, but at least my mom can look at other small dogs and puppies and not start crying. We are still worried that right now our expectations are to have the same style relationship that we had with pookie with a different dog and I know that wouldn't be fair to a new dog. I told my mother until we can distinguish between doggie traits that we like our dogs to have and the cute pookie traits we loved we aren't ready for a new dog. The only things we have decided we wanted IF we get another dog is #1 a lap dog, we have never been a big dog family, the two dogs I can remember us having while growing up were no bigger than 12lbs, #2 be a terrier type, mom loves the features of a terrier, #3 cross breeds are fine, to be quite honest that's all we have had so why mess with a good thing. I think everything else is negotiable. There is also the possibility of trying to get two puppies so they can keep each other company but we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

Thanks for listening.

No comments: