Monday, March 8, 2010

Update

Well its been a couple dates since my last post, I didn't have anything really to say and I was still feeling pretty crappy. But now things are getting back to normal and stitching is even getting done.

On top of being sick I have also been extremely busy at work. We are moving our office on Monday which now that I'm saying it I don't think I've mentioned this before, our lease is up at the end of the month, but we will be officially moving as of the 15, it was hard to get into the groove until we got the boxes, we were basically closing files & shifting piles of paper around so it looked like we were doing something LOL but now with the boxes here I'm hoping to make a dent in the packing. The only problem is the office is still open & actual file work still needs to get done & one of the lawyers is still screaming out assignments which is really annoying since she hasn't packed anything in her office yet, so the other secretary and I are getting kind of panicking with all that needs to be done in the next 4 days, and then this morning the female lawyer thought it would be a great idea if we all took Monday morning off since the movers can't move our stuff until 5:00 pm.....Uh Hello the chances of her office being packed on time are slim to none and I definitely think we will still be packing come Monday morning. I'm just glad we are only moving about 3 blocks so there is no travel time for the furniture to get stuck in. Don't get me wrong I'm really looking forward to the new office it's just the stress beforehand.

On the stitching front I have actually gotten some done this past week and quite a few of my chores as well. I have also been fiddling with my rotation. I'm currently working on Egyptian Garden by Chatelaine & I'm really enjoying it so I don't want to put it down but since it's such a large design nothing else will get done while I work on it and I know that will begin to bother me soon so I have decided to work on two pieces at home at the same time, trying to have the best of both worlds. The priority will of course be EG which I will work on on Monday - Thursday & Friday - Sunday is currently Letter M from Nora Corbett. The Friday's picture will be the picture that changes frequently depending on the speed of my finishes. My theory is that since EG is so large so if I don't work on it for a couple days it won't matter or make me feel bad, so working on it during the week is a perfect fit which leaves the other home picture to be worked on Friday - Sunday making it a potential quicker finish since that time will be somewhat uninterrupted. So long story short stay with a picture I enjoy working on and still get the finishes I like which I have been lacking of late. So here are EG and Letter M as of last night






I am also working on a very old WIP on the train, it is 3/4 finished so it shouldn't take long & I can't believe I let it linger so long but its using one strand of thread on 18 count which is what I did when I first started stitching & now I dislike doing it that way, now normally I would just start it again but the design is 1 of 3 & I've already done the other 2, so I will stick with it and make all three into ornaments.




Well that's it for now hopefully my progress picture will come more frequently now.

1 comment:

Rachel S said...

I hope your move ended up going OK. Your WIPs look fantastic.