Saturday, April 3, 2010

An Easter finish & a WIP

I am having such a productive Easter Holiday, all the tasks that I put off because I was too exhausted to do them while moving the office are being ticked off my To Do list in record speed.

As well I am finally been able to post a WIP of my train picture, which is It's Cold Outside by Blue Ribbon Designs. It is a really cute design and I really enjoy working on it.




As well this afternoon I was able to finish Letter M by Nora Corbett, I really like this design, it is definitely a quick finish if you actually concentrate and work on it for more than 10 minutes a day LOL which is what my problem was, I just couldn't give it the time it deserved until this past week.





Well my rotation is now changing, I will be working on Summer Fairy Spirit by Passione Ricamo and Falling Leaves by Laura J. Perin, which is a canvas design at home.

For some reason I'm not getting the canvas stitching right and have had to tear out the same section about 3 times now. So after reading various blogs of people who work on canvas and cross stitch I have changed the way I'm going to work on the design. I am going to do each square one at a time instead of doing the border color, then the corners etc. and I've also put down pencil lines on the canvas to make sure I'm where I'm suppose to be, so hopefully this will assist in understanding canvas, I have 6 other designs so I better figure out a way to working on canvas with an easy design so I don't make a mess out of the other more complicated ones.

I have also made the pictures of my rotation designs click able for people to take a closer look. I thought I had already done this but one of my readers let me know she could, so hopefully I've fixed this for everyone.


Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: