Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Productive past weekend

I don't know what it is about the nice weather I seems to have more energy to complete my tasks and can usually finish double the tasks then I would on a crappy day. This past weekend was just that type of day, I was able to fly through my tasks:
 
I did a fair amount of stitching on Madonna even though I really didn't pick up a needle all that much but I was quite productive. I almost did a finishes finish too but I need to purchase some cord. I've made my christmas tea cups into ornaments using these metal finish forms I purchased from Silver Needle last year, I thought I could just use ribbon and be done with it but now that I see the ornaments almost finished I definitely need cord to cover up the area where they join. So for now they are back in my cupboard until I get some cord, but the fact that I got that far in the finish is great.
 
I was also giving some time to my sewing machine which has been sorely neglected of late, I need to get some practice in since I will be sewing some of my designs into pillows and I don't want to ruin them just because I'm rusty. I also went to the second local quilt shop in town (the better one) and found all the fabric I needed to do all the finishes I dream/plan on doing currently. I had originally placed an online order with a shop in Kelowna but 4 out of the 6 fabrics I wanted she had sold out of so I cancelled my order and was back to the old drawing board, but thankfully I found everything I needed at the local shop, I even found this adorable beatrix potter bunny fabric for the back fabric of a pattern I haven't purchased yet! I plan on purchasing it for my birthday next month LOL.
 
I was able to be a bit of a handy man too, I have an attic door in my closet and the styrofoam had come loose as well as the door so with my father's help we were able to reattach the styrofoam and screw the door back into place so no more draft coming in.
 
And finally for mother's day I took my mom out to dinner and then we stopped off at a local bakery we haven't been to since my grandparents died, neither one of us can remember why we stopped going....it's a damn good bakery. Then my sister stopped by for her quarterly (insert sarcasm here) visit to the parents. Don't get me wrong I love my sister to pieces but 1) she sucks the life out of a room 2) only visits the parents when she wants something and 3) has no understanding for a person's personally space, so I get annoyed with her about 15 mins into her visit and she doesn't know how to take a hint about it either. She had to go to the emergency room last week because of kidney stone pain and was showing us her bruises from the IV etc., which I could see clearly from across the room they were that big, she starts walking towards me pointing them out to me and then lifts her arm and puts the bruise to eye level as she's walking towards me and I say "Hey B I can see them just fine you don't need to get any closer" just as she's about to shove her arm into my face. She stayed for about 2 hours and actually gave my mom a gift she asked for, her M.O. with gift giving usually is to ignore the person's wishes and get them something they doesn't want or need it's usually a big problem with my mom especially so for her to actually get something mom asked for was a shock to say the least.
 
All in all it was a great weekend. Thanks for listening
 

1 comment:

Rachel S said...

That was a busy weekend!