Thursday, September 9, 2010

Crap, crap & double crap

So I've been working on Falling Leaves at home for a while, I took a break for a couple days because of the weather and had just gotten into it and it was going great. I finished the outer border of cream; leaving the inner cream for later since I was getting bored with stitching cream. I completed the red border around the cream and had then started working on the Caron Watercolor border using #10 Fiesta, I was a little concerned with this section because the border section is two rows on each side with little triangles in Fiesta. When I finished the inner quilt squares of this design I looked over the thread I had left and was wondering if I would have enough.....I  had used a lot of the thread up at the beginning of this design when I was trying to figure out what I was doing wrong. I didn't think I used that much up but when I started stitching this border I knew deep down that I would run out before I was finished and low and behold last night I ran out........I am not even half way finished the border. So I've had to put FL away, I could probably work around that border and finish the final green border and finish off the cream border (which I might do in a weeks or so) but I have decided to work on Egyptian Garden full time instead. Thank goodness I'm placing an October craft order for some supplies and patterns so I just can add the WC thread into the order, it is a nice variegated thread that even if the thread is a different dye lot then my original skein it will be okay to just continue where I left off and worse case scenario and it really doesn't match up I can just tear out the old stuff and put in the new since there really isn't a lot I was able to get done.
 
Now onto another issue I have this one is in regards to my commute home. After getting off my train I take a small mini bus that takes me the rest of the way home. We have this real piece of work driver -  she never stops for people unless they are exactly at the stop if they are a 1/2 a block a way nope she won't or even if they flag her down she ignores them. She refuses to do any special stops, usually these stops are for the elderly or people with a lot of grocery bags and it is easier if the bus drops them off a couple blocks before the actual stop and closer to their home, she bitches at passengers for not understanding where they are going and always has a sour expression on her face, she keeps the door closed while waiting for the train to arrive even if it is raining and other people from different buses are transferring over to her bus, she makes them wait. She also speeds through the bus loops and over speed bumps while trying to beat the rush out of the train station, she closes the door super fast on people entering and exiting her bus to the point that I swear she has hit someone in the behind with the door. I have made comments to another bus driver about bad bus driver's behaviour and the driver tells me that this is what bad bus driver does all the time, she is unliked in the union and has to be shifted from route to route because her passengers dislike her as well. I was told to keep complaining about her because the only way she is going to change is if management threaten her with firing. Last night there was an incident that I'm so shocked about that I immediately fired off an email of complaint about it. So last night the driver was in such a rush to leave that she shut the door on two ladies as they entered the bus, while one lady was at the ticket machine inside the bus at the top of the 3 stairs the other lady was still in the stairwell (with a bag of flowers in her hands) the bus lunged forward and the 1st lady dropped her ticket in the stairwell, she moves aside and allows the woman in the stairwell to go past her to get a seat then she climbs down the first step, turns around and with her back towards the door bends over to pick up her ticket, at the same time this is happening the bus driver is still driving the bus and proceeds to do a left and right hand turn and starts to speed towards the first speed bump. My biggest fear at that moment was the woman in the stairwell to lose her balance and fall against the door, which might have opened up and she would have fallen out of a moving bus to potentially get run over by our bus or the three that were leaving the station at the same time we were, let alone the damage of falling from a moving vehicle to the asphalt below........but thank god nothing happened and the woman got out of the stairwell and sat down.
 
I remember in high school when I took a large bus that the driver wouldn't move the bus unless everyone was behind the yellow line they have after the ticket machine claiming it was a safety concern and I've heard this bus driver tell people to move their stuff if it's over the yellow line because it obscures her view so to me a person in the stairwell is just as much of an obstacle as someone's purse and there was no way that the bus should have started moving while these ladies were in the stairwell and most certainly this bus driver should have pulled over when the woman lost her ticket since it was in the stairwell. Let's see if anything happens about my complaint.
 
Thanks for listening

1 comment:

Blu said...

Talk about a really lousy driver! Hope the complaints department takes heed and cans her!
Drivers in Winnipeg are pretty good about waiting for running people and letting people off between stops.