Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Seriously part 2

Now I'm really pissed off.
 
So my father went to the property management office this afternoon to double check everything was going ahead tonight and was chatting up the receptionist/manager, (I'm not sure what role she has) and the woman is pretty confident the special levy resolution will pass tonight. Naive woman.....that's not what has me pissed off.
 
She mentioned that the discussion about replacing the roofs have been discussed for 2 years now. What the heck is she talking about???? which is what I said to my father I mentioned to him that if strata council talks about it between themselves and behind closed doors that means nothing, the conversation has to be with ALL owners and a 3 line mention in last years AGM minutes doesn't constitute talking about it.
 
She also mentioned that 'we were told' to start saving for the roofs because they would be done this year....a) it is November if the roofs are being done this year the money should have been collected already b) when was it discussed, if she is talking about the 3 lines in last years minutes no where does it say we should start saving c) only 26 of the 48 units were at the AGM last year so when exactly were they going to tell the remaining 22 that we should start saving. e) no where does it say how much to save, me personally I would have squirreled away $100 a pay check and still only had $2400 by the end of the year but we need $7000, we were only told the amount we needed in October and who's to say if they did mention about saving we just thought they were talking about the strata as a whole unit because some of us where under the assumption the contingency fund was paying for the roofs not us personally.
 
And besides even if we all started saving like they asked life and shit happens and people lose jobs, medical expenses come up, cars breakdown etc. and the saving stops. A person would have to save $583 per month for the last 12 months to have the $7000 they want.
 
These people (council) are not being realistic. I am confused as to how these people don't own their own house as opposed to a townhouse if they have so much money laying around. They must go to the UK for vacation every year or summer in Florida because us working folks don't have two dimes to rub together.......Now I'm not saying we are surviving on food stamps or anything like that we are getting by, cutting where we can/need to and living life as it comes but unforeseen expenses like this completely mess with our finances/lives and they don't seem to give a crap.
 
Okay, I have to stop talking about this right now, I'm getting more pissed off. If anyone cares I will post what the result of the AGM is either tonight or tomorrow depending on my mood.
 
Thanks again for listening.
 

No comments: