Sunday, January 27, 2013

First HD of the year.

I have finally finished Cut Thru North Pole by Bothy Threads.

I subbed out the included pearl metallic with kreinik blending filaments, I felt the blending filament gave a better shine and was easier to work with. I also opted not to add the sequin stars,  I am not a fan of sequins on my cross stitch so it was an easy decision to make. I also decided after finishing all the stitches and back stitching to not stitch up the moon on the right hand side. It really didn't do anything for me.


Cut Thru North Pole, light blue aida



















I have now started on Shimmering Mermaid from Mirabilia Designs on Blueberry Delight Silkweaver fabric. Like I mentioned in my previous post I was a little nervous about one of the colors. So I put in a chunk of stitching to see if the surrounding threads would help with the washed out color and thank goodness they did. I am very happy with how everything looks now. Here is what it looked like with some random stitching.

color issues
















and here is what I accomplished yesterday. I am quite surprised at how much I was able to accomplish with a full day of stitching. I have never stitched a Mirabilia mermaid before so maybe this is the norm for them.

1 day worth of stitching















Hopefully this is just the beginning a a productive year of stitching and blogging.


Thanks for listening.

2 comments:

Shelly said...

The North Pole looks great, congrats on finishing it! I've never stitched a Mirabilia before so I'll just watch your progress:)

Lana said...

Congrats on your beautiful finish!! Your 2013 is off to a great start!! Can't wait to see more progress on your mermaid!