Monday, February 29, 2016

Another February Update

So I have given myself a deadline of next Sunday to be finished all the stitching on Tiramisu so when I am on vacation the week of March 7 I can concentrate of beading. I finished page 1 on Saturday afternoon so that just leaves page 4 & 5 left to stitch so it is quite doable.

I have also decided to shelve Winter Silhouette  my train project and Thursdays work on Tribal Owl to give me more time with Tiramisu. I also worked a good 4 hours on Tiramisu on Sunday but I mainly just finished off the picky areas that I knew would be uncomfortable to try and work on while on the train. Over all I think I got a lot done .....granted I didn't get any of my usual weekend tasks done because of it LOL.

Usually when I give myself a deadline it never works out and I sabotage myself somehow so hopefully things continue to go as planned, I just hope that since this project is still so much fun to work on the stitches will just flow out of me.

Now normally after finishing a page I would be posting a picture but since I wanted to get to page 4 right away I just took a really quick photo and started working back on it right away and so I haven't had a chance to download it off my camera yet. Perhaps I will do a double photo post later in the week with both pages 1 & 4.

I am in a good place with my stitching right now I have a current project that I love and have 2/3 future projects that I just can't wait to get to.

Once Tiramisu is finished I will be working on Cloudsfactory - Passports and Frosted Pumpkins - Once Upon a Time Sampler which are both SAL(frosted pumpkins is from last year) that I have to catch up on and then they will be projects I work on the first 2 weeks of every month.

After the SAL are caught up with then I will be working on Shimmering Mermaid by Mirabilia,  which I am super excited to get back to. I last worked on this project I believe in 2014, when I made a huge mistake in her fin/tail area that for the life of me I couldn't find so I decided to leave the error in and continue working on it but the more I worked on it the more I had to change the design to compensate for the mistake and eventually I couldn't figure out what I was doing anymore, at that point it was no longer fun and I put the project away until I could figure out what I was going to do.

Eventually I got the bug to work on her again but knew I would need to deal with the mistake first. I looked over the work I had done and tried one more time to find the error and when I couldn't I decided the only think I could do was tear it all out and start fresh and that is what I did. This time when I work on her instead of jumping to the ribbon attached to her fin and working on that section (which I did before) I think I am going to stick with the entire body of the mermaid and complete that before touching the ribbon and fin and then I might work on her bodice, hair and face and basically leave the fin till the end.

I still have about two weeks to decide so I will worry about that then, for now it's going to be 24h Tiramisu.

Thanks for listening.

No comments: