Friday, March 25, 2016

Needle on Fire

It's been awhile since I have posted, but for good reason. I have a FINISH

I finished Tiramisu by Glendon Place on March 9th. I fiddle with the beading so it's not exactly as listed on the chart. I felt the design spoke for itself and didn't need all the beads listed, as well I did the design on 18 count aida so not all the beads fit. I am super happy with how it turned out.


I then moved on to the two SAL I want to finish this year. Cloudsfactory Postcards of the world started this year and January to March blocks have been released and Once Upon a Time Sampler from the Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery which was released in 2014. I am working on them at the same time with the intention of them both being done at the end of the year. I did the borders for them both first, before moving on to the first block and here they are.


Once Upon a Time Sampler - Frosted Pumpkin


Postcards from the World - Cloudsfactory
I then decided I needed a mini project to work on in the morning on my train ride to work. I have always found that I never have enough elbow room in the morning to work on any of my pieces so I usually sleep or read. I am still going to read in the morning but I am now trying to split my time between reading and a little stitching. I have chosen a half a dozen Mill Hill kits to work on. I have given myself a month to finish each one of these projects so I think both my reading and stitching should have ample time throughout the month. Here is what I have done so far.


Merry Jingle Ornament

Then of course there is my afternoon train project with I am really enjoying


Winter Silhouette
So my plan now is to stitch for the rest of the month on Cloudsfactory and Frosted Pumpkin so I can be caught up before the April block for Cloudsfactory is released. Then I will do one block each month for both projects. Once these blocks are finished I will move on to my main project, which I will work on until completed. Now that Tiramisu is finished that project is Shimmering Mermaid from Mirabilia, I had to rip out a section in the fin area because of a mistake I couldn't find so I don't have an updated photo.

I have also started working on a Heaven and Earth Design every Thursday and this is what I got accomplished after 2 Thursdays. The pattern is called Tribal Barn Owl and I have put in about 1500 stitches so far.


Tribal Barn Owl
I am really enjoying my stitching schedule and all the projects I have chosen. Wish me luck.

Thanks for listening.



1 comment:

Blu said...

Such a spectacular finish! It looks amazing!
Your stitchy plans sound exciting. Best of luck.