Sunday, October 16, 2016

Will be back shortly

Hello everyone, long time no talk.

Just a quick update on my life. It has been 3.5 months since I lost my job and unfortunately I am still unemployed. It is a little disheartening but as my recruiter likes to remind me July/August are awful months to look for a job in the legal field. I myself have experienced how hard it is to get answers from other counsel on cases when I was at my former job so I should take that into consideration.

What I have found to be the hardest part for me is the lack of jobs for a person of my experience. Back 18+ years ago when I first got into this field it was really hard to find a junior position with a firm willing to train right out of school now it is the reverse there are a lot of junior positions but not a lot of senior positions. I am actually looking at intermediate and senior positions to cover my bases hopefully this will help. Bottom line I am still in the unemployment runt and trying not to let it get me down, and some days are better then others.

Now onto stitching I had a really hard time at the beginning getting into any of my projects but I have persevered and I am getting back into my stitching. I have a couple finishes and more progress on my SAL's and HAED projects. Unfortunately I am not ready to post them yet since most of them I have forgotten to take pics of them, so I am off to take photos of all my progress and I hope to return tomorrow with a more appropriate update.

Thanks for listening.

No comments: